Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Choosing a new writing space

After our class discussion I've decided to review the site http://posterous.com/. I like how the blogs are open to everyone and how easy it is to post. I'm not sure what I'm going to post about, because from my understanding anyone's posts can be featured, so the publicness of a blog entry is something I've never encountered. I'm not sure whether to link to local events I find interesting, or comment on politics or school funding, or whether to make it more personal. I even considered writing a sex blog, probably because I watch too much "Sex and the City," but reconsidered it, because this is a class assignment...
I like how you link anything, a video clip, picture, website, and the posts on their site are pretty interesting, however, I feel a little self concious writing next to such insightful posts. Also, on Posterous, I don't have an account; I just email a post and it goes up. They have an option to link your posterous post to other blogging sites, like Googlebuzz, twitter, even facebook. I am not sure whether I'll choose to use that option, it depends on what I decide the theme of my Posterous blog will be.

3 comments:

  1. Katie, I love Sex and the City! I would have to agree with Johnathan about using the space to write about a hot topic. You should just write about what interests you that way you wont run out of things to say. As for the account problem, it probably makes things a little easier if people can just email what they want. Having so many accounts can get overwhelming and maybe this is their way of simplifying things. Good luck with your writing space!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie, nothing serious to comment on regarding posterous. But I will share that my youngest son thought it was terrifically funny that he "googled" my name and discovered a sex website! The weirdest thing is that the woman's back story of growing up in a family of brothers is similar to mine. The similarities stop there as we are off by more than a decade and miles apart on extroversion, but it was a really strange feeling. Of course when I want to start a sex website, I won't be able to use my name :) -Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Katie,
    I think it will be a good idea to review posterous.com developing your idea on writing space. I agree with you that it is an easy place to write about anything openly. However, if you send your posts via e-mail to them, would they edit, or cut certain parts of your post? Also, if they have the option to link your post to other websites, will that mean that you'll have to have a personal identification in websites like Twitter? I am not so sure about having a personal profile everywhere those people wish to post my writings.

    ReplyDelete