Thursday, April 15, 2010

Trust me?

Jonathon and I will be collaborating on a website focused on user trust. We are playing with the idea of linking the home page to two sites, one would be more serious and one more playful, each site would require users to enter personal information to continue and as the links continue, the sites would require more and more information. First they must verify age, then name, then email address. Both would link to an end page with questions like "are you really 18 years old?" "Why did you disclose so much information?" "what makes you trust a website?" To the effect that users will evaluate how the structure of a site effects how much they trust it. I'm not sure this is the route we're going to go, but we're going to definately be making a website about user trust.

2 comments:

  1. I left a similar comment on Jonathan's blog on the experimental nature that this project might have. This sounds pretty interesting in of itself as a research experiment with participants. I look forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also left a comment on Jonathan's blog. I like the idea of one set of serious links and one set of "fun" links. I also suggested to Jonathan that you two consider doing something highly ironic about online trust.

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete